About A2: Connect
A2: Connect is the Arts & Education Network for the Central South area of Wales
It was initiated as part of the all Wales education programme strand of Creative Learning Through The Arts – The Arts Council Wales and Welsh government action plan for new opportunities for children and young people across Wales.
A2:Connect is led and managed by the Arts Active Trust on behalf of the Arts Connect Consortium of council arts development departments or associated Charitable Trusts from the Bridgend, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taf and Vale of Glamorgan areas.
- To establish and coordinate networking opportunities for teachers, artists and organisations from the arts, creative, cultural and heritage sectors – both digital and face to face.
- To foster and promote arts activities taking place in schools – celebrating the wealth of good practise that is going on already.
- To nurture the development of further excellent work by instigating and promoting Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities for artists, educators, schools and arts organisations.
- To establish and develop relationships between schools and artists by working to broker partnerships and collaborations that will generate and inform future arts & education activity.
- To develop and deliver the regional Arts Champions programme that will provide guidance, encouragement and support to educators and learners to view and engage in creativity in a positive way.
- To ensure that teachers and artists have the tools to continue working together in ways that are meaningful and have impact on learning and that there are resources available to support where knowledge or experience may be lacking.
- To promote and enhance the resilience of the network’s activities by providing digital tools to help teachers to find and work better with artists and vice versa.
- To instill in the community that we develop a level of regard for the quality of their collaborations and the quality of the results.