Job title: Freelance communications producer
The Arts Active Trust is looking for a creative and self motivated communicator to join our team and help us to develop A2:Connect, an exciting new network of arts and education practitioners in the South Wales region.
The Arts Active Trust manages A2:Connect, which is the Arts and Education network for the Central South Wales region, which is part of the Creative Learning through the Arts Action Plan. The main purpose of the network is to promote work in creative learning projects in schools, by artists and arts organisations, collaborating with teachers and schools in the region.
A2:Connect is looking for a creative, focussed, experienced and well organised freelance professional to supply the network with high quality digital communications content covering the activities and learnings of the network, its members and the wider arts and education field, with the aim of increasing engagement in the creative learning of school pupils.
The Communications Producer will interact with network staff, artists, arts organisation staff, teachers and school staff, to recommend and source suitable topics and produce engaging content about their arts and education related activity. They will be responsible for producing and disseminating communications on news, professional development opportunities, networking events and the activities of the Network members, and for encouraging and supporting network members to share their thoughts, experiences and work in creative learning. The communications producer will also work with the Digital Strategist to support the development, testing, promotion and adoption of the Network’s website by its members.
- Excellent digital communications skill, with experience researching, creating and publishing and content marketing via websites and social media platforms.
- Excellent writing and media (esp photography and video) production skills
- Outstanding people skills – someone who knows how to enable other people to share their stories and inspire colleagues.
- Ability to manage their own time and activity according to priorities agreed with colleagues.
- A keen interest in creative learning and the use of the Arts within the Education sector
- You run your own business and take responsibility for your own tax and national insurance
- Your have your own means of transport and ability to travel throughout South Wales
- A bilingual speaker/writer (English & Welsh) would be desirable, but not essential.
The Communications Producer will work under the direction of a Content Steering Group comprising the Network coordinator, the Assistant network coordinator and the network’s Digital Strategist.
About the opportunity
- A2:connect is managed by The Arts Active Trust, which is located at St David’s Hall in Cardiff. Some of your work will be based there.
- The freedom to work with time and location flexibly.
- A monthly fee of £1000 and any agreed travel expenses
- We will require evidence that you are an established freelancer and have other clients.
Please send a current CV and a covering letter, setting out your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th February 2017. Interviews will be held on the 28th February and the successful candidate notified on Tuesday 3rd March.