This is a short-term contract from 1 February – 31 March with a view to review and contract renewal dependant on project funding for the year 2019/20. Part time 3 days per week £130 per day.
The A2 connect Arts and Education regional network is managed by the Arts Active Trust for the Arts Council of Wales. The network delivery team is led by a Co-ordinator who has overall responsibility for the project. The Assistant Co-ordinator works closely with the Network Co-ordinator and with freelance staff who produce specific elements of the project. The assistant role is required to liaise and work closely with the network co-ordinator, project producers and other key stakeholders to the project.
Assist and support the A2 Connect Arts & Education Network Co-ordinator to deliver a major strand of the Arts Council Wales’ plan for Creative Learning through the Arts in the Central South Wales region. Provide assistance and support to help the Central South Wales regional network to:
- Increase and improve the opportunities for teachers and learners in the region to work with artists and arts, cultural and heritage organisations.
- Create more opportunities for communication and partnership between schools, artists, arts, cultural and heritage organisations.
- Increase opportunities for young people in the region to experience the work of Wales’s artists and arts, cultural organisations.
Provide assistance and support to the network co-ordinator to deliver:
- A programme of high quality professional development opportunities for teachers, artists, arts and cultural organisations.
- A programme of networking opportunities for teachers, artists and organisations from the arts, creative, cultural and heritage sectors – both digital and face to face.
- A programme which connects schools with artists and arts organisations – acting as a ‘broker’.
- Collecting information on the regional ‘offer’ and publicising examples of best practice.
- The regional network’s existing Arts Champions programme for teachers.
- A quarterly report to funders and stakeholders of the Arts & Education Network
- Financial monitoring of the network’s activity budget.
You may be required to:
- Deputise for the Network Co-ordinator when necessary.
The post’s administrative base is St David’s Hall however you will be required to work
agilely and will need to travel around the central south Wales region and occasionally
- You will be a motivated individual with excellent organisational and communication skills.
- You must be able to prove that you are registered as freelance.
- Experience of marketing and social media are highly desirable.
- An understanding of bilingual working practise and ideally the ability to speak Welsh are desirable.
Please send a C.V. and covering letter that outlines why you are interested and appropriate for this role to:
Arts Active Trust
St David’s Hall
Closing Date: Friday January 4
Anticipated interview date: Friday January 11
Starting date as soon as possible: January / February
Contract end: 31 March